SWOT Analysis of WATCH project
– Nawaraj Subba
Under ToR with AIFO Italy which is one of the donors of WATCH, an assessment of the project was undertaken by this writer. WATCH is working in HIV/AIDS, social empowerment and income generation in Kathmandu, Rupandehi, Kapilvastua and Nawalparashi districts.
SWOT Analysis on the basis of FGD with Rupendehi staff.
- Good management of project (Planning, Implementation and Review/ feedback)
- Targets are being achieved.
- Rescue helpless women and children
- IEC material Production and display
- Development of Leadership and Organization Skill
- Enhancement in Livelihood
- Income Generation Activities
- Relief and care of poor
- Staff expressed their satisfaction with their jobs.
- Limited numbers of Clinics and Health workers
- The problem in a referral system
- Prevention and promotion component is inadequate
- Family planning is inadequate especially in squatter groups
- Good results are replicable to other VDCs.
- Facilitators require more in-service training to make an update.
- The community has accepted the programmes provided by WATCH.
- Current unrest situation has not affected the programmes.
- Illiteracy in women
- Absolute poverty (No land, food, shelter, clothes)
- Difficulty to solve chained problems
- To have taken risks by WATCH for everything
- Weather and diseases play major determinants for agriculture.
SWOT Analysis Continue reading WATCH Project- SWOT Analysis