Name: Dr. Nawa Raj Subba
DATE OF BIRTH- Oct 1, 1961
BIRTHPLACE- Hangpang, Athrai Triveni Palika, Taplejung, Nepal
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION- Ph. D. in Psychology, M.P.H. (Public Health), M.A. (Nepali literature), Studied in Anthropology, Sociology, Culture at Tribhuvan University and Population at Purbanchal University.
WORKING AS- Public Health Specialist, Litterateur, and Author.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE- For more than three decades, I served as a District Public Health Officer in Nepal’s Ministry of Health.
PROFESSIONAL MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
– Worked as a team member to prepare curriculum and conduct training program of District Public Health Officers on Public Mental Health in Nepal, organized by Mental Hospital, Jawalakhel, 2017.
– Played a leading role in controlling Hepatitis E, A (Jaundice) outbreak in Biratnagar (2014), and took a major public health role in managing the nation’s first Bird flu (H5N1) outbreak in Jhapa Nepal (2009).
– Played a pivotal role in increasing institutional deliveries, MCH services, CPR in the working district in Morang through coordination with stakeholders.
– Played a pivotal role in lowering NMR from 30 in 2004 to 21 in 2006 per 1000 live births through a Pilot program (MINI) in Morang.
– Played a role of relief for refugees by coordination with UNHCR, AMDA in lowering TB, HIV, Malaria, and other diseases in Jhapa and Morang
– Played a role in the peace process by managing health care services for the cantonment of Maoist rebels
– Played a leading role in conducting an Eastern regional level health assessment program with BNMT in 2003. Involved in Operational Researches in districts and writing scientific articles.
– Played a leading role in conducting Partner Defined Quality (PDQ) and Lot Quality Assessment Survey (LQAS) in Morang by which quality of services assessed, evaluated, and documented.
– Initiated micro-planning of the EPI program in Morang and Sunsari by which a considerable increase in coverage resulted. Later, this is adopted as a strategy in the EPI program.
- Nawa Raj Subba. Senior citizens in Nepal are in desperate need. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 2021, 10(02), 176–183 DOI URL: https://doi.org/10.30574/wjarr.2021.10.2.0206
- Nawa Raj Subba. An Overview of the Association Between the Myths and Proof of Lepmuhang Mundhum and Matsya Purana. Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging Pedagogies, Volume 5, Issue 2, November 2019, pp. 905-921.
- Nawa Raj Subba. Managing Hepatitis Outbreak in Biratnagar Nepal, 2015.Science Journal of Public Health. Vol. 3, No. 6, 2015, pp. 808-814. DOI: 10.11648/j.sjph.20150306.12
- Nawa Raj Subba. Suicides in Ilam District of Nepal, 2015.American Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. 4, No. 6, 2015, pp. 137-141. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajap.20150406.11.
- Nawa Raj Subba. Traditional Practices on Mother and Child Health Care in Rajbanshi Community of Nepal, 2015.American Journal of Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 310-317. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajhr.20150305.18,
- Nawa Raj Subba. Postpartum Depression Relating to Smoking and Drinking Habits of Husbands Among Rajbanshi Mothers, 2015.American Journal of Health Research. Vol.3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 293-297.DOI: 10.11648/j.ajhr.20150305.15.
- Nawa Raj Subba, Shishir Subba. Modification of Delivery Practice in Rajbanshi Mothers of Nepal, 2014.Journal of Nobel Medical College. Vol. 3, No.1 Issue 5, pp10-15.
- Nawa Raj Subba. Delivery Practices among Rajbanshi, 2014.Researcher. I, II, July-December, 2013. pp63-71.
- Nawa Raj Subba. Traditional and Modern Maternal and Child Health Care Practice and their Effects on Rajbanshi Community in Nepal. Journal of Public Health in Developing Countries. Vol 1, No 2 (2015).
- Nawa Raj Subba. Post-Partum Depression among Rajbanshi Mothers. 2013. Researcher, Vol 1, No 1 (2013)
- Nawa Raj Subba, Gagan Gurung. A study of public health indicators of Morang Nepal by Lot Quality assurance sampling method, 2007.Nepal Medical College Journal. Vol.9, No.2, June 2007 pp117-119.
- Nawa Raj Subba. Health Seeking Behavior of Rajbanshi in Katahari and Baijanathpur of Morang District, Nepal, 2004.Nepal Health Research Council Journal. Vol.2, No.2, October 2004, pp14-17.
- Nawa Raj Subba. Demographic Assessment on Vasectomy Clients of Sankhuwasabha Nepal,2003.Nepal Medical College Journal. Vol.5, No.2, December 2003, pp98-99.
BOOKS IN PUBLIC HEALTH
1. Traditional and Modern Health Care Practices and Effects on Rajbanshi, 2016.
2. Health Seeking Behaviour of Rajbanshi in Morang, Nepal, 2001.
3. Assessment of Health Improvement Program, 2003 (Co-writer)
4. Janaswasthya Abhyas ra Anubhav (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2017.
5. Janaswasthya Paataa Baataa Ra Anubhuti (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2006.
6. Janaswasthyaka Sawaalharu (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2007.
7. Khotangko Swasthya (District health profile of Khotang which was starting in the health sector of its kind in the region) 1998.
8. Edited Annual Reports of Eastern Regional Health Directorate Dhankuta (2000 to 2003) and Annual Reports of District Public Health Office Morang/ Jhapa (2004 to 2013).
SOCIAL SERVICE RECOGNITION, FACILITATION, AND AWARD
– Felicitation by Pathari Sanischare Municipality, Nepal (2075 VS)
– Felicitation by Birateshwar Briddhashram, Biratnagar (2070 VS)
– Dirgha Rana Samundra Bam Samman (2013 AD)
– Felicitation by Sparsha Nepal (2068 VS)
– Felicitation by Kirat Yakthung Chumlung Morang Nepal (2068 VS)
– Felicitation by Biratnagar Metropolitan city (2067 VS)
– Babar Sing Thapa Memorial Prize (2064 VS)
– Felicitation by Hangpang Sewa Samaj Kathmandu (2064 VS)
– Gorkhadacchinbahu medal (2047 VS).
— NEPALI LITERATURE AND MUSIC —
Started writing lyrics, poems, and essays since school days in 1975 and published from Radio Nepal, BBC Nepali Service, Matribhumi, Naya Sandesh, Madhupark, etc. After completing the master’s in Nepali literature the first book anthology of poems was published in 2006.
BOOKS IN CULTURE
1. Tungdunge Mundhum Review (2020)
2. Kirat Limbu Sanskriti Mavsastriya Bivechana (2021)
BOOKS IN LITERATURE
1. Jeewan Mero Sabdkoshma, an anthology of poems, 2006
2. Bich Batoma Byujhera, an anthology of poems, 2008
3. Yatra Aadhaa Satabdiko, an anthology of poems, 2011
4. Chitkaar, muktak short poems, 2012
5. Sahidlaai Salaam, Lyrics, 2010
6. Mann Ra Maato, Lyrics,2016
7. Manko Majheri, Essays, 2007
8. Samayako Swad, Essays,2013
DISCOGRAPHY (Nepali Music Audio Albums)
1. Deshko Maya, Collection of Patriotic songs, 2010
2. Hami Pahile Nepali, Collection of Patriotic songs, 2013
3. Lukeko Rahar, Collection of Ghazal Album Audio, 2011
4. Amulya Jiwan, Collection of Modern songs, 2012
5. Bahaar Sanga, Collection of Modern songs, 2016
6. Himalaima Hiun, Collection of Folk Songs, 2014
Video Albums ‘Pratibimba’ Series-1 to 4 is released.
AWARDED IN ACADEMIC, LITERATURE AND MUSIC
1. Nepal Vidhya Bhushan ‘Ka’– (2073 VS)
2. First prize won in First Online Webcam World Poem Competition- (2064 VS)
3. Krishna Prasad- Khagendra Kumari Bhandari Sahitya-Kala Samman- 2075.
3. Ganga Bhadrashila Smriti Puraskar tatha Gargashree Sanman- (2073 VS)
4. Bhadra Ghale Ghamansing Sahitya-Kala Prize (2071 VS)
5. Byathith Kavya Banita Puraskar- (2070 VS)
6. Hongkong Nepali Federation Felicitation, 2013 (2069 VS)
7. Lekhnath Pustakalaya Sanman- (2069 VS)
8. Udayananda Muktinath Aryal Sangeet Pratibha Puraskar- (2068 VS)
9. Pallav Sahitya Sanman- (2066 VS)
10. Jayandra Prasai Smriti Sahitya Sanman- (2064 VS)
11. Nateswar Nrityakala Pratisthan Sanman- (2063 VS)
12. Mohan Regmi smriti Banni Puraskar (2063 VS)
13. Nawaranga Sahitya Sanman, Jhapa, Natyeshore Sanman, (2063 VS).
Shanti Chowk, Biratnagar-5, Nepal
This website is developed or contributed by Kaushal Subba, Director of Web Development at Dezan Shira & Associates. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org